"Dear Customer/Potential Customer,
The above business is an Accredited Member of The Double Glazing & Conservatory Quality Assurance Ombudsman Scheme (DGCOS). They have passed a comprehensive vetting procedure.
All Accredited Installers must, as a minimum:
• Provide DGCOS administrators with a minimum of 10 customer references (of installations carried out within the last 12 months) who can be independently approached for quality assurance purposes.
• Provide DGCOS administrators with a minimum of 3 supplier references who can be independently approached for quality assurance purposes.
• Provide DGCOS administrators with a copy of their current Health and Safety Policy.
• Carry minimum insurances of a) £5m Public Liability b) £10m Employers Liability.
• Provide every customer with a Written Contract (to include Terms and Conditions).
• Provide every customer with a Written Guarantee.
• Provide every customer with Deposit Protection Insurance (where a deposit has been taken).
• Provide every customer with an Insurance Backed Guarantee.
• Comply with relevant Building Regulations on every installation.
• Allow DGCOS Inspectors to inspect any installation deemed necessary.
• Allow DGCOS to send every customer a Satisfaction Questionnaire.
• Submit to the legal jurisdiction of DGCOS and the Ombudsman.
In the event of a complaint the customer may request the involvement of The Ombudsman. DGCOS can then arrange for free Mediation, Conciliation, Independent Inspections or ultimately Arbitration by The Ombudsman.
The Ombudsman’s decision is final, legally binding and enforceable under the terms of the 1996 Arbitration Act.
This provides you, the customer, with unparalleled protection."